Tax investigation service
Great support and expert advice
in the event of a HMRC tax enquiry
Experienced negotiators, achieving positive settlements
with HMRC across income tax, corporation tax, VAT and inheritance tax.
- Competitively priced
- Represent you in all HMRC dealings
- Tax inspector meetings dealt
- Package value up to £100,000
HMRC Can Investigate Anyone
Targeted tax campaigns are becoming more popular as the government combats tax avoidance and evasion.
The HMRC currently conducts over 80% of tax queries through a single database called "Connect." The system collects data from 30 sources to discover any possible anomalies that may be important to an inquiry.
Whatever the enquiry, it makes sense to seek expert advice early. We can support you and manage any communication with the HMRC during the process.
Who is at risk
Our low cost fixed tax investigations package ensures that you get the best possible defence without worrying about being landed with a hefty bill at the end. In addition, our service promise offers comprehensive protection against any professional accountancy fees arising from the representation of an HMRC enquiry. Some recent tax investigation statistics are below:
Small businesses play a vital role in the UK economy, representing 95% of all companies and employing around 14 million people.
Despite a £35m reduction in HMRC's compliance activity spend, the tax yield from small businesses increased by £200m to £5.6bn.
HMRC has been targeting large businesses for many years. Now, it's focusing more on investigating small and mid-sized businesses to increase tax revenues.
During 2018/19, the HMRC raised more than £ 4bn from mid-sized businesses - up 14% from 2018/19.
Large businesses generated an additional £.10bn compliance yield for HMRC.
By spending an extra £25m on compliance work in 2018/19, HMRC recouped £1bn in additional tax - a return of £40 for every extra £1 spent on compliance.
Individuals produced an additional tax yield of £2.4bn from taxpayers with less than £150,000 in annual income and under £1m in total assets.
Wealthy individuals yielded £1.8bn from an estimated £145m spent on compliance activity.
This equates to an 80% increase in tax generated for only an additional 7.5% spent by HMRC.
Our tax investigation service is designed to help your clients from when HMRC contacts them to the conclusion of their tax investigation, so they can focus on running their business.
Some Benefits of our complete tax inquiry service
- Up to £100,000 of accountancy fees.
- Complete representation to HMRC on your behalf, including handling all correspondence and interaction and attending any HMRC meetings.
- A strong defence against HMRC investigations, delivering peace of mind.
- Get a qualified accountant with years of experience fighting your defence.
- Ensure the tax inspector only asks for relevant information and documents
- Our specialists will provide all supporting data related to your accounts from our files.
- We will prepare for and attend any face-to-face meetings with the tax inspector.
- Defend any complex or technical tax cases raised during the investigation, including PAYE or VAT visits, technical enquiries, full-blown books, and records enquiries.
- We encourage all our clients to use this service to avoid future issues and save time and money.
What We Cover
Our Tax Investigation Cover is designed with you in mind. We handle a variety of cases, including:
- Self-assessment tax returns.
- Corporation tax (CT600) returns.
- Payroll (PAYE) compliance.
- HMRC IR35 enquiries for Contractors.
- HMRC VAT disputes.
- Pension Auto Enrolment Return Queries