Insurance for Contractors
As a limited company contractor working outside of IR35 we recommend holding certain insurance levels that protect you and your clients. This includes Professional Indemnity & Public Liability.
Our insurance partnership with Kingsbridge provides Contractor Insurance to protect you and your clients. Their packages include professional indemnity, public liability, and employer's liability insurance. They also offer add-ons as Legal expenses cover.
As a Kingsbridge insurance partner, we can also offer our contractor clients a 10% discount!
Kingsbridge offers cover for over 1,000 professions across various industries and their package is specifically designed for contractors and freelancers.
Here are just some of the amazing benefits they offer:
- A price promise that means you get the best value cover for the lowest price possible
- Quote and buy online in just a few minutes
- Receive instant access to your documents
- Cover for previous work included at no extra cost
- Flexible payment options
- Insurance that acts as a key IR35 indicator
In your job, you consistently deliver excellent results. So, why do you need professional indemnity insurance? Professionals can be sued for negligence if their advice or service does not meet the client's expectations. Whether or not the claims are valid, these lawsuits can be costly and disruptive.
Customers expect you to be an expert on each contracted project you work on, so finding appropriate insurance should be a top priority. Having insurance is also the best way to ensure your safety and security.
Types And Levels Of Contractor Insurance Policies
These Insurance policies can be taken out as stand-alone policies or in a combination with each other. Consider various insurance provider’s packages as each has different types of insurance and varying levels of cover.
Why do you need it?
- Negligence – careless in your work, such as giving bad advice or making a mistake
- Infringement of intellectual property rights- (for example) re-using content from a website without prior permission
- Defamation – making false or damaging claims about a person or organisation
- Breach of confidence – sharing confidential or commercially sensitive information without consent
How much cover should you consider?
- we can provide a variety of covers to suit your business needs perfectly.
- The level of cover will depend on the risk your business faces
- You should consider how much legal fees and compensation could cost
- Check if your clients’ contracts require you to have a minimum level of cover
To discuss your options, call the award-winning Kingsbury Insurance customer service team on 01242 335431.
If you are a Contractor client of Fusion Accountants, you will also get a 10% discount on your insurance premium – just mention us when you call. If you are not a client as yet please give us a call about our accounting services for contractors.
We know it is not always plain sailing and we are here to do our bit to make sure you are protected. That is why we have partnered with Kingsbridge Insurance as they keep things simple offering one package, full cover, and no hidden extras.
Meet our contractor specialist
“I joined the Fusion team in 2015, and as an ACCA qualified Client Accountant, I work closely with SME’s providing tax, accounts, and business advice.
I am also certified with Xero, QuickBooks & FreeAgent. I particularly enjoy using technology and smart apps to support a business’s needs and growth.
I like playing football (BIG Liverpool fan – YNWA!), cycling and trekking. I also enjoy travelling and visiting new places. My favourites destination so far would have to be Istanbul.”